Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Smackdown! Chick-fil-a vs. Starbucks

Don't you hate it when kids don't get along?

I don't share the anti-gay-marriage views of the president of Chick-fil-a, but I love the food, so I will not participate in a boycott of said restaurants. Hint: I also believe in freedom of speech.

Similarly, I am very fond of Starbucks coffee; I will definitely not boycott them, even though some evangelical Christians want to drive them out of business for giving financial support to pro-gay-marriage organizations. Again, I think I heard somewhere that the constitution protects the right of freedom of speech, and the Supreme Court just affirmed the right of corporations to give financial support to causes and politicians as their exercise of free speech.

Where does that leave me? I guess I won't boycott anyone, and I think that's the best practice for everyone.

To quote the late Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Perhaps I'll take a photo of myself with bags from Chick-fil-a and Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment